The Lake Country Public Art Commission is issuing a Call for Artists to submit a Proposal for an Interactive Public Artwork by the submission date of April 15, 2017.
Description of the Interactive Sculpture Project
In celebration of Canada’s 150th birthday, Lake Country invites artists to create an Interactive Sculpture/Artwork that invites engagement of the viewers. The artist would also participate in several public events that will take place in Lake Country during the summer 2017.
“Interactive Artworks” are described as art that involves the spectator in some way, such as:
– by letting the observer walk in, on, and around the artwork
– having reflective parts
– having parts that move or can be moved, movement that is triggered by a specific action
– use of lights or projections
– that enable the spectator to become part of the artwork in some way
– that may include sensors that respond to motion or sound
– and others